Handsome and I started a new tradition at the beginning of this year. The last weekend of each season we make a special dinner for just us two. We talk about the highs and lows of the past season and we make a list of what we would like to accomplish for the coming season.
We prepare our dinner together as well as clean up together (with our busy schedules that is real a treat). There is no talk about work or the kids, it’s just about him and I.
Since Autumn officially starts on Wednesday we had our season ending dinner this past weekend. We started off the best fruit (in my humble opinion) summer has to offer. We made watermelon margaritas. I’m sorry I didn’t come across this recipe earlier. We did adapted the recipe to our liking (the beauty of a recipe it really is only a guide).
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- about 3 cups watermelon, cubed
- ⅓ cup fresh lime juice
- 1 cup withe tequila
- sugar to rim the glasses
- lime wedges
- In a saucepan, add the sugar and water together. Bring to a rolling boil, continue stirring until all the sugar has dissolved. Set aside to cool.
- In a blender, puree watermelon until smooth. Strain watermelon juice in to a pitcher. Discard pulp solids.
- Stir in cooled syrup, lime juice, and tequila into the picture with the watermelon juice.
- Place in fridge to cool. Or cool with ice in a martini shaker.
- Rim glasses with sugar by running a lime wedge along the rim of the glass then dipping the rim into a plate of sugar.
- Fill the sugar rimmed glasses with the watermelon margarita!
- Garnish with a lime wedge.
Until Next Time…