Tired of the same old sunny side up eggs in the morning?
Love Mexican food?
How about Sunny Side Up Mexican Eggs?
I bet you will love them as much as my family and I did. The concept of this recipe all came together when I made my homemade refried beans (recipe found here). I went shopping the following day at a store I don’t frequent that often I found adorable 3-inch size corn tortillas and it hit me. They were the perfect size to hold a sunny side up eggs add a little of the homemade refried beans and you have a delicious breakfast that is perfect for Sunday morning.
If you can’t find the 3-inch size corn tortillas you could always use a large biscuit cutter to cut a larger corn tortilla to the size you want or if you are in the mood for 2 sunny side up eggs you can put them both on one larger corn tortilla. That is the beauty of this breakfast you can customize it to you and your guests likes.
- Corn tortillas
- Refried beans homemade or canned
- Sunny side up eggs
- 4 tablespoons of Vegetable oil
- Fresh cilantro or parsley
- Salt & fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Heat beans in a sauce pan over medium heat until they are warmed through.
- In skillet add vegetable oil and cook over medium high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the tortillas to the pan 2 at a time. Cook until golden brown and then flip to cook the other side. Once cooked remove from skillet and place on a paper towel lined plate.
- In a non-stick pan cook eggs sunny side up.
- **To Assemble**
- Placed about 2 tablespoons of the warmed retried beans on to the fried tortillas and then place to sunny side egg on top of the beans. Season with salt and pepper. Add the chopped cilantro or parsley.
- If you like things on the spicier side a few shakes of Tabasco or some salsa would be yummy!
Enjoy these Mexican Eggs this weekend!
Until next time…