I have a favorite show… Odd Mom Out. I know the season finale was a few days ago, and I have yet to see it! That’s just how it goes in my home. Handsome and I are DVR watchers! Handsome likes it because there are no commercials, and I like it because Handsome and I cuddle on the couch together, enjoy a glass of wine (or two) and have a snack.
This is what Handsome has requested when we catch up on our favorite shows this weekend, spinach and mozzarella pinwheels. They are delicious and so very easy to make. I use this home made pizza dough recipe, but they can easily be made with a can of Pillsbury Classic Pizza Crust.
Once the dough is rolled out, spread the Mozzarella cheese and spinach to cover the dough.
Roll the dough into a log and cut into 1″ rounds.
Bake and enjoy! They taste great with a glass of Rose.
- 1 lb. of pizza dough or 1 can Pillsbury refrigerated Classic Pizza Crust
- 1 large bunch of fresh spinach
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg, optional
- 1½ cups mozzarella, shredded
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Roll out pizza dough to a large rectangle.
- Wash spinach to remove all dirt and cut stems off.
- Place 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a sauté pan over medium/high heat.
- Once pan is hot, place garlic in pan and let cook for 2 minutes, now add cleaned spinach into the pan with the garlic and cook until the spinach is completely wilted.
- Drain spinach on a paper towel and remove excess liquid.
- Place ½ of the mozzarella onto the dough, now add the drained spinach, and finch with the rest of the mozzarella.
- Begin rolling the dough into a long log shape, once you have come to the end pinch the dough together and place seam side down.
- Slice the dough into 1" size segments and place in a greased baking pan.
- With remaining olive oil brush and the sides of the pinwheels.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown
- Serve with your favorite marinara sauce.
Until next time…