Tuesday isn’t the only day my family loves to eat shredded pork tacos for dinner.
I really enjoy serving tacos for dinner! Do you know why? Because, tacos are great to customize. Everyone at the table is happy. Each person can add as many or as little “extras” as they choose, which makes dinner time so pleasant.
As you can see by the pictures I am definitely a taco purist. I don’t like piling up a ton of “extras” on my tacos. If you do, here are a few of my suggestions:
- Salsa, Salsa Verde, or a Sweet Salsa (Mango, Pineapple, or any other sweet salsa)
- Cole Slaw
- Sour Cream
- Bell Peppers
- Green Onions
Shredded Pork Tacos
Author: Its All About The Yummy
- 4 Pound Pork Butt (boneless)
- 1 Red Onion
- 3 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon Cayenne
- 1Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Corn Tortillas
- Juice from 2 limes
- FOR THE PORK
- In a small bowl combine all the RUB ingredients. Set aside.
- Cut the onion in ½. Cut the one half side of the onion in quarters and place in the bottom of the Slow Cooker.
- Chop finely the other ½ of the onion and set aside.
- Peel garlic cloves and place in the bottom of the Slow Cooker along with the onion.
- Rub the Pork Butt generously on all sides with the RUB and place (fat side up) in the Slow Cooker on top of the garlic and onions.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or just until the meat fall apart.
- Once pork is cool enough to handle, place on a cutting board with drip catchers and shred by using 2 forks.
- Heat corn tortillas on both sides over the stove top flame or in a dry pan until the edges are brown or warmed through.
- Fill each taco with pork, chopped red onion, and cilantro. Top each taco with the juice from a ¼ of a lime.
For my Pulled Pork made with 7up recipe click here.
Until Next Time…