When my brother and I were kids my mom would give us a snack that was crunchy and salty, I just couldn’t get enough. She would buy it in small bags at the italian market, we only got a few handfuls each, and the bag would be empty. I never really knew what the delightful morsels were, they just were called Ceci beans.
Ceci beans are garbanzo beans! I can make them at home! And, with the holiday’s around the corner, they make the perfect snack when unexpected guest comes a knocking.
Here’s how you make this easy Cinnamon Roasted Garbanzo Beans snack…
1 can Garbanzo Beans (chickpeas, Ceci Beans)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon Kosher salt (any salt is fine, I like the corse grind of Kosher)
1 teaspoon sugar (granulated is fine but if you have superfine even better)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat.
1. Drain can of garbanzo beans, Place drained beans in between paper towels and rub gently to remove skins.
2. Place beans in a bowl.
3. Add olive oil to the bowl to coat beans completely.
4. Add cinnamon, salt and sugar to beans, stir to coat.
5. Place beans on baking sheet in a single layer.
6. Bake for 35 minutes, stirring after 20 minutes to ensure even browning.
7. Raise temperature to 425 degrees. Cook until beans are crunchy to the bite.
I hope You’ll love these Cinnamon Roasted Garbanzo Beans as much as I do!