Have you ever been unloading your groceries after going to a big box store and ever wondered…why did I just purchase 5 pounds of carrots? Yes, this just happened.
Carrot recipes here I come. First up! Roasted Carrot Soup.
A family favorite anytime of the year. If you really love that carrot flavor, this soup is for you.
Now comes the dilemma…Do I have the other ingredients I need to make these recipes? I always have fresh herbs on hand…or do I? I buy them and they somehow make it to the bottom of my vegetable drawer where they are never seen again (until it’s too late and they are wilted and squishy). YUCK!
Thanks to Pop & Cook I always have fresh herbs in my freezer. What is Pop & Cook? It’s genius! It’s my favorite cooking secret!
Pop & Cook is pre-portioned fresh garlic, onions and herbs. They are frozen into cubes so you can store them in your freezer to have on hand whenever you need them, use what you need and pop the rest back in the freezer. The perfect amount of herbs right at your fingertips; no cleaning, no prepping, no mess! The garlic and herbs are picked at their peak of ripeness and are flash frozen within 90 minutes of harvest to ensure quality and freshness.
You can find Pop & Cook exclusively at your local Walmart in the freezer section. Pop & Cook products do not contain preservatives or artifical ingredients.
Here’s how they are measured out:
- Crushed Garlic 1 cube = 1 clove
- Crushed Ginger 1 cube = 1 teaspoon
- Chopped Basil = 1 teaspoon
- Chopped Cilantro = 1 teaspoon
- Sauteed Glazed Onions 1 tray = 3 chopped onions
Knowing I have these items in my freezer at all times makes making dinner a snap on those busy days when I have to get a meal on the table fast.
Roasted Carrot Soup!
- 8 carrots, peeled and cut into 1 inch slices
- 2 garlic Pop & Cook cubes
- 1 tablespoons olive oil + more for roasting carrots
- 3 cups chicken broth
- ½ cup of whole milk
- 1 teaspoon salt + more for seasoning carrots
- ½ teaspoon black pepper + more for seasoning carrots
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 dash of hot sauce (optional)
- 1 spring of green onion - optional
- croutons - optional
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place carrots, salt, and peper (to taste) in a bowl and coat them evenly with olive oil.
- Spread carrots in a single layer on to a baking sheet.
- Roast carrots for 20 to 25 minutes until carrots are golden brown and tender.
- Place 1 tablespoon of olive oil into a dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add 2 Pop & Cook garlic cubes and sautee for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Place the roasted carrots into the dutch oven.
- Add the chicken broth, milk, salt, pepper, nutmeg, and dash of hot sauce.
- Cook for 25 minutes over a soft rolling boil. Stiring occasionally.
- With an immersion blender (or a countertop blender) blend the soup to a smooth consistency.
- Once soup is completely smooth add butter and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- If you like, add the green onions and croutons.
Find out more about Pop & Cook Here.
Until Next Time…