I’ve never tasted Acorn Squash, until this year.
I don’t know why!
Maybe because, butternut squash has always been my favorite and if I tried Acorn Squash it would feel a little like I was abandoning my beloved butternut squash. Maybe it because all those different shapes and colors of squash are a bit intimidating.
I’ve tried Acorn Squash a few different ways this season but, my favorite way of eating it is simple, just roasted with an onion. It is so tasty I’m sad I’ve been passing it over all these years.
1 Acorn Squash, cut in to chunks
1 Medium Onion, cut in to a large dice
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Place Acorn Squash and onion on to a cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle squash and onions with salt, pepper & garlic.
- Add olive oil and toss to combine making sure all vegetables are coated and vegetables are in a single layer.
- Roast for 45 minutes or until vegetables are tender and caramelized on the bottom.
If you haven’t tried Acorn Squash before, go ahead and give that cute little green squash a try.
I know you will be pleasantly surprised, like me!
Let me know how you like it.