This Shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All Opinions are mine alone. #GrillGatingHero #GrillGating
Autumn is truly my favorite time of the year! Handsome and I love everything thing about it; big comfy sweaters, leaves changing colors, grilling outside on crisp Autumn evenings, pumpkin everything, and especially, cheering our favorite college team to victory! Go Black & Gold!
There is nothing like an afternoon spent outdoors with friends, food, and football. So go ahead and find your perfect parking spot, get your Kingsford® Charcoal heated up, and crack open our favorite drink, Dr Pepper®. It’s tailgating time, or as Handsome and I like to call it grillgating time!
To get everyone in that football mood I’m sharing 2 of my favorite grillgating recipes, 10 awesome grillgating tips, and a couple of essential grillgating items. The best part you may ask? I’m providing you with a printable grillgating checklist!
So who’s ready for some Touch Down grillgating recipes?
10 oz Sharp Cheddar Cheese
6 oz American Cheese (or if you like it spicy use pepper jack)
8 oz Cream Cheese
½ cup Hidden Valley® Ranch Dressing
1 10 oz can Original Rotel Tomatoes and Chillies, (liquid removed)
In a medium pan over low heat (or on the cool side of the grill), combine all the ingredients.
Stir continuously until cheese has melted.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
And for dessert after the game…
RITZ Sweet & Salty S’Mores
60 RITZ Crackers
15 Large Marshmallows
¾ cup Milk Chocolate Chips
Preheat oven on broil.
Place chocolate chips over a double boiler to melt.
On a silpat or parchment paper place 30 RITZ Crackers (flat side up) onto a cookie sheet.
Cut marshmallow in half and place on each RITZ Cracker.
Place RITZ Crackers and marshmallows into the oven for about 3 minutes or until the marshmallow have turned golden brown (I like mine on the burnt side). Remove from oven and place a remaining RITZ Cracker (flat side down) on top of the marshmallow.
Once the chocolate has melted, using a small pair of tongs, dip half of the RITZ Cracker sandwich into the melted chocolate.
Place back onto the lined cookie sheet and repeat with all the remaining sandwiches.
Let dry for about an hour.
Pack up and bring to the game.
I found all the grillgating essentials I needed at my local Walmart. Find these great products and more grillgating inspiration here.
10 Awesome Grillgating Tips
- Freeze water bottles to use in place of ice in your cooler. They will keep everything cold and you will have cold water to drink when the ice melts.
- Consider which way the wind is blowing when setting up your grill, so the smoke is not blowing on your guests.
- Give your Kingsford® Charcoal ample time to heat-up.
- Over flipping your burgers makes the meat tough. Flip your burgers only once and use a meat thermometer to make sure the internal temperature is at 140 degrees fahrenheit.
- Label the top of your coolers so your guests know what is in each cooler.
- Form burger patties the night before and place them between two pieces of Glad® Press’n Seal to save time the day of the big game.
- Add helium balloons to a long string so it will be easy for your friends to find your tailgate.
- Pack a plastic bin with tailgating essentials; bottle & can openers, zip top bags, duct tape, scissors, hand sanitizer, permanent marker, & toilet paper.
- Bring a metal bucket to store the hot coals in so they can be extinguished properly from your charcoal grill.
- Keep the party going after the game. Miss the traffic by enjoying some postgame coffee and RITZ Sweet & Salty S’Mores.
Would you like your tailgate party to be featured on this cool GrillGating website? Just take photos of your tailgate party and upload them to Instagram & Twitter using the hashtag #GrillGatingHero and you might be one of the lucky ones to get your photos chosen! While you’re on the GrillGating site check out the video featuring football legend Emmitt Smith sharing his grilling tips and recipes.
Don’t forget your printable GrillGating Checklist!
Ready, Set, Hike! GrillGating Checklist
Ready, Set, Hike! Are you as excited for college football season as I am? Let me know what your favorite tailgating traditions are in the comments below.
Until Next Time…