These delicious buttery Raspberry Linzer Cookies are the perfect cookies to give to someone special.
These classic raspberry linzer cookies are normally seen around the Christmas holiday, but I think they are the perfect Valentine’s Day cookie!
The dough is a buttery delight. If you love shortbread cookies then you will love these.
I love the almond flavor dough and the raspberry jam brings just the right amount of sweetness all topped off with a light dusting of powdered sugar! Perfection!
I hope you give these cookies a try and when you do please share it on Instagram with the #itsallabouttheyummy
- 1¼ cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- ¾ cups cornstarch
- 3¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 jar of Raspberry Jam
- Powdered sugar for garmish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a stand mixer with the flat beater attachment cream together butter and the sugar until light in color.
- Add eggs, one at a time to the butter mixture, then add the cornstarch, salt, and almond extract until well combined.
- Solwly add flour about ½ cup at a time on medium-low speed, just until the dough gathers on itself into a ball and removes itself from the side of the bowl cleanly.
- Cut dough in half (and shape into a disk shape) and wrap each half separately in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Once dough is chilled roll out to a ¼ of an inch thick between 2 pieces of wax or parchment paper lightly sprinkled with powdered sugar.
- Using the larger cookie cutter cut out all the cookies, using the smaller cookie cutter cut out the middle of ½ of the cookies.
- Bake for 10 - 12 minutes or just until the edges turn golden. Cool completely.
- Sprinkle the top of the cookies with powdered sugar and set aside.
- Cover the bottom portion of the cookie with raspberry jam.
- Top the jam covered cookie with the powdered sugar open center cookie.