It’s officially my favorite season! Autumn.
The leaves start changing, there is a chill in the air, and I get to start making all the wonderful food I love so much with pumpkin. One of my ultimate favorites is pumpkin bread.
Don’t you just love this magical season of autumn? I know most people think of the month of December as magical, and it is! But, there’s is something about the leaves changing color and then falling from the trees, and that crisp feeling in the air, that just seems magical to me. Butternut squash soup, chili, minestrone and anything with pumpkin are some of my favorite things to eat during autumn.
I love pumpkin bread and I am always tweaking my recipe a bit. I think I have finally found my Pumpkin Spice Bread perfection.
Ingredients for Pumpkin Spice Bread:
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 stick (1/2 cup) of butter ~ softened
2 1/2 cups flour
2 tablespoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
1 heaping cup pumpkin puree (pure pumpkin)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a mixing bowl, combine sugars and butter until creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time.
- Sift flour along with the baking soda, baking powder and pumpkin pie spice.
- Add the flour mixture and the pumpkin to the butter mixture. Add in small amounts alternately to avoid lumps.
- Grease pan with butter. Spoon in batter into the pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean.
**I sift my ingredients on a piece of parchment paper. It’s easy to pick up to add my ingredients to my bowl or mixer and even easier clean up, one less container to wash.
Enjoy this magical season of autumn and enjoy a piece of this yummy Pumpkin Spice Bread!