It’s Cinco de Mayo!
Looking for a festive dessert tonight to go with your Mexican dinner?
How about these delicious pound cake churro bites?
They are quick and easy and I’m sure your family will love them as much as my family did.
I used a pound cake from the freezer section of my grocery store, but you can certainly use a homemade one. I cut the pound cake into 1 inch cubes.
Then, I fried the pound cake cubes in hot vegetable oil and then immediately tossed them in to the cinnamon-sugar mixture (don’t you just love cinnamon and sugar together?)
I made the glaze and drizzled it all over the churros! Melted chocolate would also be delicious, but we ate them too fast. I didn’t have time to melt the chocolate. They would also be great s a topper for ice cream.
- 1 frozen (defrosted) or (day old) homemade pound cake
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ cup cinnamon
- vegetable oil
- FOR THE GLAZE
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoon milk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- Defrost pound cake.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in a medium size bowl. Set aside.
- Cut pound cake into 1 inch cubes.
- In a large frying pan heat vegetable oil over medium high heat.
- Fry cubes until they are golden brown on all sides.
- Once they are golden brown, immediately toss in the sugar cinnamon mixture until all sides are coated.
- In a small bowl, add powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla, whisk to combine.
- Drizzle glaze over the pound cake churro bites.
** If you don’t feel like making churros for yourself, take a look at these delicious churros I had recently at Amara Chocolate and Coffee in Pasadena, California.
Until Next Time…