Pumpkin Seeds also known as Pepitas!
When I was planning my Thanksgiving menu, I was trying to think of finger foods that I could have for the guests to snack on while everyone arrives. I knew I didn’t want to have any chips and dips (I eat far too much when they are sitting there).
Then it hit me, I had a bag of unsalted pepitas in the pantry and I knew I could roast them with a little salty/sweet thing happening.
Mix the spices together. Place them baking sheet and put those babies in the oven.
They are so delicious, I went through a whole bag. My family loved them that much!
- 2 cups unsalted pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl combine sugars, salt, pumpkin pie spice, and cayenne.
- Melt butter in a saute pan over medium heat.
- Add the pepitas to the melted butter and toss in the spices making sure all pepitas are covered with the spice mixture. Take off heat as soon as they are all covered.
- Spread pepitas on the baking sheet in one layer.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
Happy Thanksgiving to all!
Until Next Time…