Parmesan Carrot Fries
Once a month my family has a binge watch Sunday. We decide a head of time what we want to binge watch and then plan the menu items we will want to snack on throughout the day. Most of the time it’s Jeopardy, we keep score and everything, we save up all the episodes for the month and then do a marathon.
I like to add a few healthier options to the day of snacking, so last Sunday I made these Parmesan Carrot Fries.
I think we were all surprised just how delicious they were.
They are so very easy to make and because you bake them they’re healthy too!
Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
Toss in the carrots. Making sure all the carrots are completely coated.
Place carrots in a single layer on a cookie rack over a baking sheet lined with a Silpat or foil (for easy clean up).
I like to mix a little mayo with Sriracha, garlic powder, salt for the dipping sauce.
- 6 large peeled carrots
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped (optional)
- 3 teaspoons dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese (preferably freshley grated)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add a silpat or foil to line a large baking sheet. Place a cookie rack over the top of the lined baking sheet.
- Peel and cut carrots in to "fries like" size and shape.
- In a medium size bowl add, olive oil, garlic, parsley, salt, pepper, and parmesan. Stir to combine, Add the carrots and toss until they are coated throughly.
- Place carrots on the cookie rack and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, turning once. Bake until the carrots are starting to get crispy.
Here are a few of the kitchen items I used to make these parmesan carrot fries:
Baking Sheet ~ Silpat ~ Cookie Rack ~ Glass Mixing Bowl Set
Until Next Time…