One Pot Cheesy Rice Casserole is the perfect side dish or no-meat meal that comes together in less than 30 minutes.
The other day I made this One Pot Cheesy Rice Casserole which was delicious! It was so delicious that we didn’t even have any left over’s (that almost never happens).
I came up with the recipe when I was scouring the pantry trying to figure out what to make for our no meat Wednesday dinner. I had rice, canned tomatoes, and frozen corn, but since I hadn’t been to the store in a few days I had no garlic or onions. Just then I realized I had purchased several Pop & Cook packages a while ago for exactly this reason. They are perfect to have on hand in my freezer for situations just like this.
Plus, they are great when you’re in a hurry to get dinner on the table and you don’t want the hassle of washing, chopping, measuring, and cleaning up.
You don’t know what Pop & Cook is? You are totally missing out on a huge secret!
Pop & Cook are fresh frozen portion controlled garlic, onions, and herbs. At the pinnacle of ripeness the garlic, onions, and herbs are picked and flash frozen within 90 minutes of harvest. There is a freezer shelf life of 2 years! And because the garlic, onions, and herbs are pre-portioned there is nothing to do but to pop them out of the trays into your delicious cooking meal!
Pop & Cook can be found in the frozen food aisle at your local Walmart.
I like to call Pop & Cook my secret sous chef or the best kitchen hack…ever!
Pop & Cook really made this one pot rice dish delicious!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Pop & Cook cube of sauteed glazed onions or ½ a medium onion, chopped
- 2 Pop & Cook cubes of crushed garlic or 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes
- 3 cups of water or chicken stock
- 1½ cups of frozen corn
- 2 Pop & Cook cubes of cilantro
- 1 tablespoon of sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon of oregano
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of balck pepper
- 1½ cups of long grain white rice
- 2 cups of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon of fresh cilantro, chopped, optional
- sour cream, optional
- In a large pan over high heat add olive oil.
- Add the onions and garlic and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, water, corn, cilantro cubes, and spices. Bring to a simmer then turn burner down to low, add rice and cover pan. Cook for 18 minutes until rice is cooked. Turn off burner.
- Top rice with cheese and place lid back on pan until cheese has melted.
- Serve with or without garnish of cilantro and sour cream.
Which Pop & Cook herb is your favorite?
Until Next Time…