When a friend told me about the Healthy Solutions Spice Blends 2015 Blogger Recipe Challenge, I knew I had to do it. Healthy Solutions has so many wonderful spice blends for meat and seafood, it was hard to choose just one Spice Blends I would work with.
I wanted to be true to my italian heritage, so I decided to use the Italian Meatball Spice Blends. There is nothing like eating a great meatball. I remember as a child, I loved when we had meatballs and sucu (sauce) for dinner with a salad.
Combine All ingredients together just until combined. Do not over work mixture or your meatballs will not be tender.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 3 tablespoons Healthy Solutions Spice Blends Italian Meatballs
- 1 egg
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- ½ cup ricotta
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients.
- Mix with hands until ingredients just come together.
- Shape mixture into walnut size balls
- Place meatballs on a baking sheet, do not let meatballs touch or they will not brown properly.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with your favorite Marinara sauce.
- To Freeze~
- Let meatballs cool.
- Using a spoon remove all of the fat that has harden.
- Wipe the baking sheet clean.
- Place the cooled meatballs back on the baking sheet, again, making sure the meatballs do not touch.
- Place the baking sheet in the freezer for 1 hours until they are completely frozen.
- Remove from freezer and place meatballs into a freezer ziplock bag, seal and return bag to the freezer.
Once you have made your meatballs there are several recipes you can use them in. The classic spaghetti and meatballs with my favorite marinara, meatball sub sandwich, and you can add them to soup and salads.
**I received a complimentary Spice Blend packet from Healthy Solutions Spice Blends. Please know that all opinions are my own and I have not been compensated in any way for this post.