A few days ago the weather turned to the 60s along with dark clouds and we finally got a few drops of rain in Southern California. With a fire going in the fireplace all day, I was craving something warm, doughy and comforting, also meaty knowing that would please my carnivorous Handsome. I had seen a Meatball and Biscuit Bake called several different names on Pinterest, and it looked like the perfect meal to satisfy.
Here is how I made it…
First I made the meatballs using this recipe. You can also use pre-made frozen meatballs.
Open one can of Pillsbury Biscuits and cut each biscuit into 6 pieces. Either use your favorite jar marinara sauce or you can easily make a home made marinara using this recipe. In a large baking dish, add the cut biscuits along with 2 1/2 cups of marinara. Mix the biscuits and marinara together to make sure all the biscuits are coated. Place the meatballs in-between the biscuits.
- 1 Can of Pillsbury Grand Biscuits
- Homemade or frozen meatballs
- Homemade or jarred marinara
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut biscuits in to 6 pieces each.
- Place into a greased baking dish.
- Place biscuits and sauced into baking pan.
- Add meatball to biscuits and sauce.
- Cover with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
Dinner is served!