My daughters love Trader Joe’s mud pie. I don’t buy it very often, but every once in a while for a special occasion I like to surprise them with their favorite mud pie for dessert. The last time I was at Trader Joe’s I was told by one of the crew members they are no longer carrying mud pie.
So, I went to the grocery store bought all the ingredients and decided to make it myself!
I don’t know why I didn’t do this before…Individual Mason Jar Mud Pies!
And, it can be customized to all the gooey, chocolatey, carmel, oreo, and whip cream goodness your heart desires!
Crush the Oreos in a ziplock bag to your desired crumb chunkiness. While you are doing this, take your first ice cream flavor out to soften.
Then layer the two ice cream flavors with all the goodies and top with whipped cream!
- 1 container of Dryers Coffee ice cream 1.5 quarts
- 1 container of Dryers Vanilla ice cream 1.5 quarts
- 1 package of Oreo cookies
- 1 jar of Hershey's chocolate fudge
- 1 jar of Smuckers carmel
- 1 can of Reddiwip whip cream
- Take out the coffee ice cream for the first layer, to soften.
- Place Oreos in a ziplock bag and smash with a rolling pin to your desired crumb size. Add some Oreo crumbs to the bottom of each mason jar and top with the softened coffee ice cream. Place mason jars in the freezer for about a half hour for the ice cream to harden.
- Take out the vanilla ice cream to soften.
- Once mason jar ice cream is hardened take out of freezer and top the coffee ice cream with chocolate fudge, carmel, Oreo crumbs and the second ice cream layer of vanilla. Place mason jars back in the freezer for the ice cream to harden and continue the ice cream layers until you reach the top.
- Before serving add whip cream and top with remaining Oreo crumbs