I’m so excited that the official start of Spring is in a matter of a couple of weeks! It’s such a special time of year, the flowers are blooming, we eat lighter, gone are the heavy meaty meals for dinner and happily replaced by salads and fresh Spring vegetables.
One of my favorite vegetables of all time is carrots. Today I’m bringing you one of the most delicious ways to eat them! These scrumptious little discs of delightfullness are glazed with maple syrup, brown sugar and butter then topped off with crispy little morsels of glorious bacon. YUMMY!
How pretty would these shiney bites of goodness look sitting on your Easter table? They are the quintensenntial Spring side dish. Plus, they don’t take up valuable oven space to make and they are so incredibly easy. Win Win Win!
I promise these carrots will be devoured like candy and all your guests will be asking for the recipe.
- 1 lb carrots, clean, peeled, and cut in ½" diagonal slices
- 6 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- ⅓ cup butter
- ¼ cup water
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons Italian parsley, chopped
- In a medium skillet heat butter, brown sugar, and water over medium heat until the butter is completely melted.
- Add the carrots, maple syrup, salt, and pepper.
- Cover and reduce heat to low and simmer for 12 minutes.
- Remove lid and cook for an additional 5 minutes until carrots are tender and most of the liquid has dissapated.
- Stir in bacon and plate.
- Top dish off with parsley to garnish.
If you love carrots like me you are definitely going to want to try these parmesan carrot fries. Believe me, you can’t just eat one!