A couple of weeks ago was national donut day and my Handsome surprised the family by bringing home two boxes (we have a buy one get one free card) of Krispy Kreme Donuts. When he first walked in to the house with those boxes of wonderfulness, I couldn’t wait to get my hands on one, two, ok, maybe…three, but, by the third one that tempting delightful fried dough ring dunked in warm sugar glaze wore off, for all of us. At first, I thought I should just throw them away, get them out of the house for this was now day 3 of having them sit on my counter not being eaten.
Instead, I decided to give them new life by making a delicious, melt in your mouth Krispy Kreme bread pudding. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.
- 6 Krispy Kreme Donuts
- 1 14oz can of sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cut each donut into 6 pieces.
- Place donuts in to a 8"X8" buttered baking dish.
- In a large bowl combine milks, eggs, vanilla, and cinnamon. Whisk to combine.
- Pour milk mixture over the Krispy Kreme donuts making sure the donuts are submerged.
- Let the donuts sit in the milk mixture for 1 hour.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until the middle no longer giggles.
- Once cooled, sprinkle powdered sugar over the top.
This luscious bread pudding would be perfect to bring to any pot luck or the perfect sweet to be served at brunch.