If you read my post last Tuesday then you know I am totally obsessed with the Jenn’s Chicken Sandwich I got at Wahlburgers. It was so delicious, the very next day I had it at the restaurant I decided to recreated it at home.
And if I do say so myself, it came out pretty darn good!
The hardest part of making Jenn’s chicken sandwich is the honey-garlic mayo. Do you want to know why it’s so hard? You have to wait 45 minutes for the garlic to roast in the oven!!! That’s it!
The good news? Once it’s made you can use it on all sorts of things, besides having it on the sandwich it was really delicious to dip your fries into! YUM!
TIP: Do you want to know a secret about making delicious oven baked frozen fries? Put about a teaspoon of olive oil down on the baking sheet and toss the fries so they are all coated. When you bake them they will get that crispy exterior and soft interior.
Here is my recipe for the caramelized onions you will need for the chicken sandwich. Cook them at the same time you are making the Honey-Garlic Mayo.
- 2 uncooked chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Caramelized onions
- 2.8 oz can French fried onions
- ½ cup baby spinach leaves, washed and drained
- 2 heads of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 4 potato hamburger buns
- Place chicken breasts between two sheets of plastic wrap and pound until they are ¼ inch thick. Cut each chicken breast in half to fit on a bun.
- Lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in an oven safe skillet. Cook chicken for 3 minutes over medium heat, turning once. Place skillet in the oven for an additional 6 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees (or it is no longer pink inside).
- **FOR THE HONEY GARLIC MAYO
- Slice the top of the garlic so the cloves are exposed. Place garlic on a piece of foil. Drizzle garlic with the honey. Wrap garlic tightly in the foil and place in a 375 degree oven for 45 minutes. Let cool until safe to handle.
- In a medium bowl squeeze all of the cooked garlic, then add the mayo, and honey. Stir to combine breaking up the large garlic pieces. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- **TO ASSEMBLE
- Spread a good amount of the honey garlic mayonnaise on both interior sides of the bun.
- On the bottom bun add spinach leaves topped with 1 of the chicken cutlets, caramelized onions, and crispy french onions.
- Put the top on and enjoy!
What is your favorite menu item you recreate at home?