With the holidays fast approaching chances are your having a guest or two spending a few days with you. Are you wondering how to make your guests feel at home? It’s time to start preparing now for your out-of-towner to have a 5 star experience.
Here is a surefire way to make sure they do!
1. About 3 to 4 days prior to their arrival, wash the sheets, make sure there is closet space with extra hangers, and a drawer or two for their clothes. Place clean towels where your guest have access to them for their entire stay.
2. Provide extra pillows and both light and heavy blankets.
3. Place a basket of sample size toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, toothbrush & toothpaste, body lotion, a disposal razor and mouthwash) in their room or bathroom they will be using. Just in case they have forgotten something.
4. Purchase a few of their favorite magazines and bottles of water. Place these items on the night stand in your guest room for them to enjoy while they are staying with you.
5. Welcome your guests with fresh flowers and a note welcoming them to your home. Place these items in their room.
6. If you have a photograph with your guest(s), place the photo of you and your guest somewhere in your home.
7. Make sure your guest can access your wifi, set them up with a guest password.
8. Place self-serve snack trays in your refrigerator and on your kitchen counter. Your guests might not want to bother you when they are hungry for a snack.
9. Contact your guests ahead of time to see if they have any dietary restrictions.
10. Set up a breakfast station in the kitchen. Provide coffee, tea and other breakfast items, just incase they are early risers.
Most importantly, treat your guests as part of your family!