In the world of beauty there are an endless amount of beauty tips and rules to follow. Over the years, I have learned a thing or two about some very important beauty tips from my mom (I should have listened to her sooner), make-up artists, friends, and my short career in a cosmetics department (I do miss the free make-up).
Today, I’m going to share with you my five favorite beauty tips that I follow daily! And if you’re not doing these things you should!
- Always remove your make-up before going to bed and apply a night cream no matter how tired you are.
- Make sure to exfoliate your lips prior to applying lipstick. Doing so will make your lips look more plump and help your lipstick stay on longer.
- Never pump your mascara & get a new one every 3 months! The only thing it does is dry out your mascara!
- Clean your make-up brushes and sponges once a week. Swirl the brushes around in warm water and a mild soap. This helps to fight against potential bacteria and breakouts.
- Always wear a sunscreen!
And now for five make-up trends I won’t be doing…EVER!
- Adding faux freckle, this trend is just plain crazy. I just don’t get it. The girls I have seen it on just looks horrible and their skin looks dirty.
- Wearing Unicorn make-up. These women paint their faces pink and glittery, great for Halloween, but not for daily life.
- Noticeable contouring. Make-up needs to enhance the beauty each person has. The beauty of the face needs to stand out not the make-up.
- Over spray-tanned skin. If you are looking like a Oompa Loompa you’ve gone too far with the spray tan.
- Overly thin or thick eyebrows. Eyebrows are to enhance the eye not over power them.