There is nothing better than a nice relaxing Sunday morning, except a relaxing sunday morning with homemade cinnamon rolls!
You would think that homemade cinnamon rolls would be a ton of work and then there would be no more relaxing Sunday morning, but fear not. These cinnamon rolls are a cinch to make and can be in your belly in no time!
Here’s how I made the cinnamon rolls…
Mix ingredients together to form the dough.
Roll out the dough, slather the dough with softened butter, and generously add the cinnamon and brown sugar.
Roll the dough and cinnamon sugar mixture into a log and seal the edges.
Cut dough log into even pieces and let rise until doubled in size.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour + more for dusting
- 2¼ teaspoons active dry yeast (1 package)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons softened butter + more to butter baking dish
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons softened butter + more to grease 9"X13" pan
- 6 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In the bowl of a stand mixer add flour, active dry yeast, sugar, and salt. Mix together.
- Bring milk and butter to a tempeture of 115 degrees.
- Add milk and butter mixture to the flour mixture and combine using a dough hook attachment.
- Slightly beat the egg and combine it with the flour mixture.
- Mix the dough on medium speed for 5 minutes.
- If the dough is still sticky add flour 1 tablespoon at a time until the dough has a smooth texture.
- Let dough rest for 5 minutes in the mixing bowl.
- Lightly dust your work surface with flour.
- Roll dough out into a rectangle (approximately 12" x 15").
- Spread softened butter over the entirety of the dough.
- Mix the cinnamon and brown sugar together and then spread it evenly over the butter.
- Working with the long end of the dough, roll up tightly.
- Cut the roll into equal slices.
- Place cut side down into a buttered 9"X13" pan.
- Cover and let rise for 40 minutes or until the rolls have doubled in size, in a warm draft free place.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Bake rolls for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Whisk together the powdered sugar, milk, salt, and vanilla and pour over warm cinnamon rolls.
*Rolls can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days (I promise they won't last that long!).
Grab your favorite morning beverage and enjoy a warm cinnamon roll or two!
Until Next Time…