Have you ever tried the California Quinoa Salad from Whole Foods Market? If you haven’t, take it from me, it’s delicious! I would go in about once a week, spend a small fortune and get the large container, which would last in my fridge for about a day and a half. I don’t know why it took me so long to make it myself. And the beauty of making it yourself, you get to add all the things you love. More of some, less of others. I think it actually tastes even better than theirs!
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 mango peeled and diced. You can also use frozen diced mangos when fresh are not in season.
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 medium cucumber, diced
- ½ cup cranberries
- ½ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- FOR DRESSING
- 2 limes zested and then juiced
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Rinse the quinoa in water, drain.
- In a medium sause pan add 2 cups of water and the rinsed quinoa, bring to a boil, cover and turn heat to low for 12 minutes. Remove lid and fluff quinoa with a fork. Set aside to cool completely.
- In a small bowl add the lime zest and lime juice, balsamic, honey and olive oil. Whisk to combine.
- In a large bowl, add the cooled quinoa, mango, pepper, onions, cucumber, cranberries, and the shredded coconut.
- Add dressing and toss to combine.
- Serve chilled.
Until Next Time…