Why reserve Taco Tuesday just for dinner time tacos? Serve these delicious breakfast tacos any day of the week!
These breakfast tacos are so easy I’m almost embarrassed to be writing them as a recipe, but they are so delicious I didn’t want to keep them all to myself! Ever since I first made them I’ve been eating them for breakfast, lunch and dinner. They’re that good.
The two things that can elevate these breakfast tacos even more is to use this homemade salsa recipe and this homemade refried beans recipe. I like to make a big pot of the refried beans and keep them in my freezer for when I’m short on time to make dinner…or just for these tacos (maybe I am eating way to many of them).
- 4 large eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dried cilantro, optional
- ½ teaspoon of butter
- 1½ cup refried beans, store bought or homemade
- 8 slices of bacon cut in half and cooked to the crispiness you prefer
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 8 taco size flour tortillas
- Restaurant style salsa, see recipe link in post.
- Wrap tortillas in foil and place in a 350 degree oven for 10 to 15 minutes, until warmed through.
- In a medium size bowl add the eggs and milk and whisk to combine, then add the salt, pepper and dried cilantro.
- Using a non-stick pan over medium heat, add butter. When butter is completely melted add egg mixture gently stirring with a spatula until just about completely cook. Take eggs off the heat and set aside. They will continue to cook.
- *To Assemble Tacos*
- Spread a large tablespoon of beans in the center of the warm flour tortilla, then top with an ⅛ of the eggs, bacon, cheese, green onion, and salsa. Repeat with each flour tortilla
Until Next Time…