Yesterday, I had one of those days…I had a full list of things to do, with not enough hours to do them in. And, throw in the added pressure of our DVR has been filling up with all my shows (getting pressure from the family), with no time to watch anything!
On days like this, I go to my easy-pea-z recipes that take no time to put together and tastes like it took hours. This is one of my favorites because it is full of wonderful gooey mozzarella cheese and pasta. In my book there is nothing better. Well, besides pizza or Spaghetti or short ribs, oh, you know what I mean, Pasta + Cheese = wonderfulness!
Baked Caprese Pasta ~ Tomatoes, Mozzarella and Fresh Basil
- 1 large white onion~chopped
- 3½ cups of cherry tomatoes~halved
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb shell pasta
- 3 tablespoon salt
- 1½ cups diced mozzarella
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon butter
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan reggiano
- 6 leaves of fresh basil, chopped
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place tomatoes and onions on a foil lined baking sheet, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil, toss to coat. Place in oven for about 10 to 15 minutes until onions are translucent and tomatoes have lightly browned. turn oven down to 375 degrees.
- Place a large pot of water on high heat, once it has started to boil, add salt, then pasta. Cook pasta for 3 minutes less than package directions. Drain.
- Add pasta back into pot, to that, add tomato/onion mixture, mozzarella, heavy cream, parmesan, olive oil and pepper, stir to combine.
- Place mixture in a butter coated casserole dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until cheese is melted and is starting to brown.
- Top with freshly chopped basil.