Aren’t they the best?
You can add all your favorite ingredients in them. They can be sweet or savory. They can be the main meal or the dessert. You can personalize each pie for each individual person and that make everyone happy.
We are coming upon that time of year when we are visiting family and friends that don’t live close by. Handsome & I always love to take snacks for those extra long drives and hand pies are our favorite take alongs. The kids love them too!
My favorite thing about a hand pie? These pies are so darn easy to make and delicious to eat.
Today, I’m making apple cream cheese hand pies!
Here’s the easy step by step guide.
Cut pie dough into circles.
Cut apples into small pieces and add the sugar, salt, flour, cinnamon, & vanilla.
Add a dallop of cream cheese to 1/2 of the circles.
Top the cream cheese with a spoonful of apples.
Top with a second circle and brush with the egg wash. Sprinkle with raw sugar. Place in a 400 degree oven for 10 to 12 minutes.
Enjoy your hand pie!
- 1 refrigerated pre-made pie crust
- 1 apple (dieced, very small)
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoon flour
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 5 teaspoons cream cheese
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 2 teaspoon raw sugar (to decorate with)
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Take pie dough out of the refrigerator while making the filling.
- Combine apples, lemon juice, salt, sugar, vanilla, & flour. Mix throughly and set aside.
- Unroll pie dough on to a floured surface. Using a rolling pin to make the circle just a bit larger.
- Using a biscuit cutter or a glass, cut out circles and place on a baking sheet lined with a silpat or parchment paper. (I got 10 circles from 1 pie crust, use scraps and re-roll to get the extra 2)
- Place a dollop of cream cheese in the center of ½ of the circles and then add the apple mixture on top of the cream cheese. Place a circle on top of the apples and use a fork to crimp the edges together.
- Using a pastry brush, brush the egg wash over the top of each hand pie.
- Make slits in the each pie so the steam can be released during cooking.
- Sprinkle each pie with the raw sugar.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
I get my Immaculate Baking products at Whole Foods. Use this link to find out the closest grocery store near you that carries Immaculate Baking Company’s products near you! They create wholesome baking products many which are certified gluten-free or organic. They really care about the items they produce.
For more recipe inspiration from Immaculate Baking Co. click here.
Give their products a try and I know you will love them as much as I do. Click here for a $1 off coupon.
Until Next Time…