There is just something about a fresh baked apple pie! The wonderful aroma of cinnamon fills the air and the anticipation of that first piece of Apple pie consumes every thought (or is that just me?).
No holiday is complete without one or two pies.
The other day I got a call from a friend that is current living in another state with her husband while he completes a work assignment. They are only there until December 1st, and are living in a hotel apartment. They basically have some clothes and that’s it. While we were discussing the upcoming holiday season, she was telling me about her Thanksgiving predicament, her husband hates to go to restaurants on holidays yet he wants a traditional Thanksgiving meal. She told me she was going to order most of their meal from a grocery store, but she was going to miss having a warm piece of home made Apple pie.
Then, like a light going on in my head I thought of my Avalon Bay AirFryer! The perfect small appliance for her to be able to make a small Apple pie for two. I told her to order an AirFryer and I would start working on an easy Apple pie recipe for two.
This is what I came up with.
2. Combine the cut apples with lemon juice, cinnamon, sugar, and Vanilla.
3. Place the apple mixture in the pie crust.
Cover the apple mixture with the second cut pie crust. With the pie crust scraps you can make cut-out shapes and place them on top of the top crust. Brush the top crush with the beaten egg and sprinkle with raw sugar, then place into the AirFryer.
- 1 Pillsbury Refrigerator pie crust
- Baking spray
- 1 large apple, chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 tablespoon raw sugar
- Defrost pre made pie crust according to package directions.
- Pre-heat the Airfryer on the highest degree while you are preparing the pie.
- Using the smaller baking tin, cut 1 crust about an ⅛ of an inch larger than the tin and a second one a little smaller than the baking tin. You may need to roll the crust a tiny bit with a Rollin pin to stretch the pie crust. Set the smaller one aside.
- Spray the baking tin with the baking spray and place the larger cut crust into the baking pan. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, place the chopped Apple, lemon juice, cinnamon, sugar, and vanilla extract. Mix to combine.
- Pour the apples into the baking pan with the pie crust.
- Top apples with pieces of butter.
- Place the second pie crust over the top of the apples and pinch edge. Make a few slits in the top of the dough.
- Spread beaten egg over the top of the crust and sprinkle raw sugar over the top of the egg mixture.
- Place pie in AirFryer basket.
- Set the timer for 30 minutes at 320 Degrees
- I have found the AirFryer works best for baked goods when I pre-heat the AirFryer. I run the AirFryer empty while I am preparing the food at the highest temperature.
- Be careful when you place the pan into the AirFryer basket as the basket will be hot.
- Serves 2 large pieces or 4 small pieces.
This is not a sponsored post, I love my Airfryer and thought it would be the perfect appliance for her.