As most of you know autumn is my favorite time of year! I love the crisp cool weather, wood burning fireplaces, being cozy on the couch, and the leaves changing colors (not so much in Southern California, but there are some). I love that it’s boots and sweater wearing season (so no one knows how many cookies you ate).
Enough about what I love, here are 10 fun things you can do…Right Now!
- Apples! Did you know there are 7,500 varieties of apples? 2,500 varieties are grown right here in the United States. It’s apple picking season people! Go find yourself a tree and start picking. Once you get your apples here is a delicious recipe you should make. What is your favorite variety of apple?
- If you’re lucky enough to live where the leaves change colors, grab your family and/or friends and do a fun casual photo shoot. Oh, and don’t forget your pets, they will love it, too!
- Buy a new pair of boots like these or these.
- Get outside and enjoy the fresh air. Gather some friends and take a brisk walk early in the morning. It’s a wonderful refreshing way to start the day.
- Oktoberfest! Nothing is more fun than finding your local Oktoberfest and partake in this century old German tradition. Even if your don’t drink beer the festivities are so much fun. Here are my favorite at-home beer glasses.
- Make a cozy fire, put a pot of this delicious soup on, and wrap yourself in this throw. Have date night in!
- Gather your neighbors and have a fun night playing Ollie Ollie Oxen Free (also know as hide and seek)! End the evening games with some delicious Mulled Cider.
- Jump in a pile of leaves!
- Host a Friendsgiving! It’s a great way to reconnect with longtime friends and catch-up.
- Do something nice for someone and don’t tell them it was you who did it!
What is your favorite thing to do in the Fall?
Until Next Time…